• At least one angler from each team MUST be at the MANDATORY Captains Meeting Friday night August 11th at Fishtale on Fort
• The start will be an honor start the limits of the honor start are from Gordon Pass to Boca Grande.
• Lines In at 6:30 am.
• Boats must return to Fish Tale Marina by 6:00 pm, the weigh station will be located in front of the Fish House Waterfront Restaurant. The
Weigh Station will open at 4:00PM for any teams returning early but ALL boats must be within sight of tournament officials in order to qualify
no later than 6:00pm. All fish must be brought in by boat.
• Only specified Grouper (Gag, Red, and Scamp) will be eligible for 1st through 5th places, Tally will be comprised of the total weight of 3
Grouper (Gag, Red or Scamp) per boat in any combination, all Grouper will be weighed individually. Teams may weigh more than 3 fish but
only the 3 heaviest Grouper (Gag, Red or Scamp) will count for the teams "total weight". All other Grouper species including Black, Warsaw etc.
will only be admitted for the big fish Calcutta prize they will not count towards "total weight".
• Tournament Grouper must measure according to all FWC regulations as of 8/12/17 it is the responsibility of the angler to know the
regulations. If you have questions visit www.myfwc.com for more information. Any fish brought to the weigh station that does not meet the
current laws will be disqualified.
• Any fish weighed & entered in by tournament officials become the property of The Grouper Grapple Offshore Fishing Tournament. (these fish
are being served at the awards ceremony). If you weigh more than 3 Grouper, you may keep the Grouper not counted towards "total weight"
• All fish must be caught on rod and reel hook and line, no electric or hydraulic reels, no spear fishing or explosives.
• No mutilated or frozen fish eligible; at Weigh Masters’ discretion all decisions are final.
• No passing of fish between vessels at any time - this includes bait.
• Official Tournament Cell Number is 239-233-6330
• In case of mechanical breakdown, fish cannot be transferred from one boat to another.
• Any protest by any participant in the 2017 Grouper Grapple Offshore Fishing Tournament must be in writing and presented to a tournament
official no later than 1 hour after the weigh station has closed. THE DEADLINE IS 7:00 PM NO Exceptions. All protests must be accompanied
by a $350.00 filing fee in cash. If the filing fee is not paid, the protest will not be acknowledged. Any protest filed will be handled
immediately and appropriately.
• The 2017 Grouper Grapple fishing tournament will administer a polygraph test to the Tournament winner and any other angler officials deem necessary.